We are looking for a full stack developer to build our OTT application for the USA and Canada. We’d like to add a vibrant and fun individual with a passion for messaging platforms, to our team!
More info about the project is below.
– You will build the Phone2 system from the ground up.
– Client side work: iOS / Android / WebRTC
– Server side work: XMPP, restful APIs
– Experience with node.js
– Experience of erlang
– Experience with MySQL / AWS RDS
– Minimum of 2 years of industry experience in engineering.
– Knowledge of XMPP / messaging
– Understanding of VoIP/Telephony
What We Offer
– We pay competitively
– Stock options
– Beautiful office
– 20 days of paid vacation
– Budget for international telecom/web conferences
We are developing an OTT application (i.e., Viber, Telegram, Whatsapp) for the US and Canada. The main difference is that our OTT will issue users a telephone number (from any area code in the USA or Canada). Other OTTs require you to have a phone number to register.
With this user flow, our OTT offers many advantages. For one, it allows your phone service to be carrier agnostic and free of roaming charges. Another is that is allows the standard GSM (or PSTN) phone number to become a multi-device platform.
At Slango, we feel that OTT within the telecom industry is the future. And the traditional phone number can never be replaced. So now let’s merge our Phone2 network with the traditional phone number (PSTN) and disrupt the market. Further specs will be provided at the interview.
We are an FCC licensed internet telephone service provider (ITSP) from Orange County, California.